Thursday, September 29, 2011

Great Pyrenees Dog water color painting


Mostly self taught, I consider the different mediums my teachers...Watercolor has always been the most demanding one. Only watercolor requires me to have a sense of control and at the same time the willingness to let go...

Some people go to health spas or retreats for some quiet time and self-reflection...I turn to watercolors...

This is a watercolor painting of Guardia, a 9 month old Great Pyrenees that we rescued from a puppy mill in 2008. It took more than a year before she started trusting people. Only with the help of watercolors was I able to capture her mysterious reserved, yet always attentive nature...

                                                                     
                                                                       Great Pyrenees
                                                                   Watercolor on paper

No comments: